- Every day and every week, I am reminded of how lucky I am to have a roof over my head and a job to pay for it. When I go to the animal shelter on the weekend, I get off of the T at the Copley station. Most people probably now think of the Copley area as the site of the Boston Marathon bombings but before that, it might have been known for the Boston Public Library. Apartments and condos in that area are SO expensive. Parking spaces alone can cost more than $100k. Yet, on a Sunday morning, you will always see homeless people wrapped in blankets, sleeping on the library’s steps. When I go to work, at an extremely rich university, I pass by a church that usually has teenagers or young adults sleeping on its steps. I find it ironic that these kids are sleeping just steps away from a school who projects students’ annual living expenses of upwards of $65k. A school that trains the elite of the elite. It blows my mind, quite honestly.
- The weather turned REALLY cold this week for a few days. The temps seemed like January temps. I was so glad to have enough warm clothes that I could wear in layers to keep myself warm on my bike. Also, I have the option of taking the bus to work if the weather is just too miserable to bike. (We had a few snow showers on Tuesday so I decided to forego cycling that day.)
- Every morning this week, I have woken up thinking it’s Friday morning. Today, it came true! It’s Friday!!
- All week, I’ve been low on funds but I still felt a lot of abundance every time I opened up my fridge or kitchen cabinets.
- I made the decision to start transitioning into a vegan lifestyle. I’ve been eating up the dairy stuff in my fridge, etc., but I have made the decision to not replace the eggs, regular yogurt, etc. I have also begun looking at the cosmetics I use, and as I finish them off, they too will be replaced with vegan friendly items.
- Went shopping for cat food last weekend and found out that the entire store was on sale, even on already discounted items. Score!
- I am so thankful I was taught to read at an early age. I love learning more information every day and every week. The mind’s ability to take in new information and absorb it, seemingly without end, is a pretty amazing thing. Reading is powerful!
- Every day this week, I felt like I was getting closer and closer to knowing my life’s purpose.
What are you thankful for this week?