One of my wishes is to really grow the community of folks who read this blog. I mentioned in my last post I have been making changes to the blog behind the scenes, gradually. A suggestion that I received the other day from my faculty advisor and another student was to add a page called “How do I?” or something to that effect to my blog. Now this can take many routes!
I have a background as a reference librarian and a legal one at that. I miss helping people learn skills that can help them be better researchers or critical thinkers or just helping them find information that at one time may have seemed elusive.
Ideas I’ve come up including the following:
- tiny house resources
- “how do I find zoning or building codes for my area?” (goes along with the tiny house resources, already in progress!)
- find tiny house plans for free or at very little cost?
- how do I find salvaged materials with which to construct my tiny house?
- find out if a charity I want to donate to or get involved with is strategic and responsible with its resources?
- what are ways that I can reduce my ecological footprint?
- are there any ways I can learn to stretch my budget even further?
- where can I find scholarships to apply to so my debt burden isn’t so high?
I know people read my blog for various reasons, so I’d really like your input on things you would like to learn more about, etc.
I’m also going to start adding book reviews, and the first one will be on Rob Greenfield’s book, Dude Making A Difference, which I finished in two days and the only reason it took me that long was because I had to go to work! All I can say is, he is such an inspiring, positive guy and I really want to be a better human being after reading his book.
Please drop me a comment below and let me know what kinds of posts you would enjoy reading or what might be some helpful “How do I?” pages.
Thanks as always for reading!