I intended for this post to be written last week but it was crazy busy and it just didn’t get done. I’m going to try to get into the habit of writing a lot on the weekends and early mornings before the days get away from me. I’ve got a major thing to be thankful for over the past week, and it involves my brother.
- My brother made his 240ish mile bike trek from NYC to Boston during the Friday and Saturday of Labor Day weekend without an accident or major problem, other than getting lost for a bit in and around New London, CT. Instead of pushing overnight to get to my place, he smartly decided to take a friend up on the offer to have her meet him with her minivan and give him safe passage to her house where he spent the night and had a good breakfast. Other than being a little bit sore and definitely tired, he made it!!!
- My brother got doored this week down in NYC. Why am I thankful for this? Well, I’m not happy about it but am thankful it didn’t happen last week during his epic trip. Also, his chest and arms took the brunt of the door, it seems, so at least he doesn’t have any major injuries of brain damage or anything worse that he could have sustained had he gone head over heels. (By the way, if you don’t know what it means to be “doored,” it means someone opens their door without looking and you on the bike run right smack into it, or go flying over it.)
- This morning, when I was at the gym, a woman who is new to the gym, and was working with one of the trainers, came over to me and said “You’re my inspiration! You look SO STRONG!” Wow. That felt so good. The work is definitely paying off.
- The picture above shows the beautiful reservoir that is near to where I live. I get to look at this thing of beauty every day.
- Some very thoughtful ladies left comments on my blog last week. I know it takes time to comment on a blog, so I appreciate their doing that. I’m very glad you have liked my writing so far, thank you so much!