Writing this post as the week goes along really does make me sit up and take notice of more around me. Writing really is healing.
- That feeling of warmth and coziness you get the first few times you turn on your heat into your apartment, just to get rid of that chill. It’s a different feeling than the times when you know it will be kept on permanently for several months. (Those of you in the south, just use your imaginations for that one… 😉
- Having a loveseat by the window to read, study on, or snuggle with your animals on a lazy weekend morning.
- The sound of my dog and I and our feet crunching through all the fallen leaves, and the fact that neither of us has been bonked on the head by the too-many-to-count acorns falling from the trees.
- The feeling I get when I crawl into bed at night after a long day, and feeling at least two animals pressed up against me because that’s right where they want to be. They know they are safe and oh-so-loved. (And yes, that’s the dog’s head on my chest in the picture above. She was so content. And sleepy.)
- The realization that I can keep dreaming of tomorrow and what the future will bring or I can actively work on bringing about that future today, even with little incremental steps.
- Being part of a wonderful online writing group where I feel supported and I am benefitting from the creativity of others.
- Received a refund of $116 from something I had completely forgotten about. Going into my savings!
- My decision to get up just a bit earlier every morning so I can take advantage of the time when my brain is at its most creative and productive. I am already loving and am grateful for the quiet.
What are you thankful for this week? Please drop me a line in the comments and let me know!