Many things to be thankful for this past week. So, let’s get started with the list!
- My birthday was this week. I felt a lot of love from folks and it was also very nice to hear from some how I don’t look my age. Exercise pays off, people!
- I was able to donate a lot of stuff a few days ago to a woman’s shelter. They are coming back next week for my old bike, “tricked out” as it is with all its baskets. I will be glad to have that space back in my apartment, and also am very grateful it’s going to go to women who can get some use out of it. They are also going to take some of my nice silverware that I just will never use. I like the idea of them being able to use it for special occasions. I plan on cleaning out more stuff before she comes also. With every bag of stuff that I give away, especially stuff that just takes up space, I feel so much lighter.
- I’ve found a way to save money on laundry and help the environment while doing it – I’ll post a review of the products I’m using next week, so stay tuned!
- The sun came out on my birthday and it was a gorgeous day, with temperatures in the 50s. I know global warming is bad but it was nice to not have really cold weather on my birthday, which is how I remember it always being when I was a kid. We always had to have my birthday parties inside. And sometimes, there was even snow on the ground!
- I was able to take the day off for my birthday. So many people don’t have that luxury.
- My mother’s god-awful rendition of Happy Birthday which she left on my voicemail. Each year, she tries to outdo the badness, and every year she succeeds. And each year, she tries to be the first one who calls me. She was successful again this year.
- My brother’s rendition of Happy Birthday involved 41 “happys” which he said all in one breath!
- A friend gave me this amazing dark chocolate candy bar for my birthday. I ate it all in one day and didn’t feel guilty, well, not for very long, anyway!
- Spent some time talking online with a former student who I now call a friend. I am grateful for the handful of cool students that occasionally come along and see me for being something other than my job title. And I am grateful for their friendship. (And also she pointed me toward a show called Extreme Cheapskates, and let’s just say, I’m glad that while I am frugal, I’m not like that!)
- I came across this blogpost, and it reminded me, I’m on the right track. Plus, the story, while being somewhat sad in its origins, is just really beautiful.
If you are grateful for something this week, please drop me a line in the comments below and tell me what it is. 🙂