I hope everyone either had a good Christmas this week or a good day off! I celebrated Christmas Eve with my brother and his family and then spent Christmas Day with my best friend, her husband, and her grandma, watching 4 of the 6 Fast and Furious Movies. Then we had the “traditional” Christmas Day meal for a Jewish household: Chinese food!
To the left is my little Osito on a (finally) sunny day. You might not be able to see it but she is nice and warm in this photo thanks to her bright pinks scarf which my nephew made for her. It fits perfectly underneath her pink jacket! ❤
- This was a very short work week and because I work in academia, I have been off work since Tuesday afternoon. Yes, I thought it was silly that we had to go into work until noon on Christmas Eve, but oh well. I brought home some more books to work on my freelance project.
- Speaking of freelance work, it is going well. Got a whole bunch done yesterday and am feeling good about the progress. I even felt very cozy sitting inside on my new Big Chair and watching the snow fall, knowing I didn’t have to go out into it at all.
- Went for a run outside on Thursday for the first time in a while. So nice to get a break from running on a treadmill. Thankful that although I slipped twice, I didn’t fall or break anything. For those of you who know me in real life, you know I had a broken bone in my ankle last year, so I’m a bit paranoid about that happening again. I’m sure that helped.
- Going shopping today with some really good girl friends of mine. While I am doing the minimalism thing and don’t really need anything, it will just be nice to see them. The only thing I may look for is a not-expensive pair of silver heels for NYE (since I actually have plans for it this year!) or to price some down-alternative winter coats. I have realized that mine does have down, and I’d really like to have something cruelty-free on my body instead. I feel so differently about shopping now than I used to. 🙂 It used to be about what I could get for my money, what kind of deals I could score. Today is about spending time with some wonderful people I have come to know and love over the past few years.
- My sister sent me pictures of her kids enjoying their Christmas presents. I love those guys and my niece! (She’s super girly and shares my love of pink and purple!)
- Time off means I can spend more time exercising, studying, relaxing and catching up on sleep. All good things in my book.
- Woke up last night to find my oldest cat, Bonkers (the foster failure) sleeping at my feet on the bed. That’s the first time he’s done it, so I was grateful to see he’s become comfortable enough to do that. He was sleeping between the more mellow of the others, Sebastian and HoneyBun.
And now, I’m off to get to the gym for a good workout! What are you thankful for this week?
If you liked this post, please “like”, subscribe, or leave a comment below, and thank you for reading!