Ah, yes, Valentine’s Day. I have to say, it didn’t bother me as much as this year as it has in the past when I was single. I realize it’s just one of those holidays created to make a lot of money for a lot of people. Even when I was married, we didn’t make a big deal out of it – we preferred to celebrate the anniversary of our first date instead (Feb. 12th) and we would usually just get each other our favorite drug store candy on Valentine’s Day. We didn’t see a need to spend a lot of money to say “I love you” when we knew we already did. Same thing last year when I had a boyfriend – he was overseas at the time. We always made sure to say something to the other person whenever we talked, be it online or on the phone. We didn’t need a special day to do that.
So anyway…I digress but here are my thoughts from the past week! Sorry I am a bit late getting this post out – I started writing it last night and fell asleep – it’s been a long, busy week.
- Filed my taxes already – found out I could do them online, FOR FREE. I knew I was getting a refund back, so of course I filed early. 🙂 It’s not a huge refund but hey, every little bit helps. And I’m thankful I didn’t owe. When I was married, we owed taxes every single year since we had two incomes and no kids.
- Took that tax refund amount and since I had it in my bank account today, went ahead and put that amount down on my student loan. I also added $140 to that amount for a total of $455. I am lucky that my employer has a benefit called a copay reimbursement. After we hit a certain dollar amount in copays, we can get reimbursed for them!
- Since I just paid extra money on my student loan last week, most of this $455 payment will go to principal!! So with my next payment, the balance will fall below $19K. (A momentous occasion, folks.)
- It stopped snowing. No, really. FINALLY. And next week it’s supposed to really warm up to the high 30s!! [P.S. I just looked at my weather app and now it says we may get another 8-12 inches today, ugh.)
- I no longer care about holidays like Valentine’s Day. Except for the fact that afterward, there’s a whole lot of chocolate that is going to be marked down in the stores! 🙂
- I did a legs workout yesterday and did leg presses of up to 220 pounds!! And yes, I am feeling sore today but it’s such a GOOD feeling of being sore. Gonna start doing that on a regular basis now, going forward.
- I had a really good talk with my mom the other night. Even though she’s 74, she is working. But, she loves her job. Not everyone can say that.
- I helped two awesome kitty cats get adopted last weekend – gives me hope I can do it again this weekend! I just saw the photos of the adoptables making their “Debut” on our shelter website and they are just so freaking cute.
- I slept last night for about 10-11 hours. Sleep, it’s a good thing.
- Just got an email from my author this morning after she reviewed my latest round of work and she was THRILLED. I am so glad and so relieved. 🙂
What are you thankful for this week?