Sorry for the lateness in publishing this. I started writing it yesterday but then something happened. I lost my phone on the bus. Yes, I really did. It sounds weird to say this but I almost feel naked without my phone. Yes, I used the word “naked.” Can’t wait to see what search terms might lead people to my blog after this, LOL.
I thought my phone was gone for good. I really did. But guess what? A good samaritan actually turned it in. Yes! It took a bus ride within the 7th circle of hell to get there (seriously, it was one of the worst I’ve ever had, complete with the bus driver swearing at people, etc., etc.)
- The jump forward to daylight savings time. I can already feel a difference in my moods even when it’s still dark when I get up. My workouts have been better too. (Could also be a combination of my getting more protein in my diet, but who knows? Not gonna question “the wisdom of the gods” as I always say.
- I finally have some information about what is wrong with my back. The chiropractor looked at my xrays and saw I have scoliosis (never knew it), degenerative disk disease (think it’s probably pretty common), and oh…yeah…that belly “Fat” I thought I couldn’t get rid of. Yeah, it’s a hernia. Awesome. Going to start researching into ways to get rid of it.
- An online friend of mine and faithful reader of this blog just had twins last weekend. Well, to be more accurate, his wife did. They came two months early but thankfully, their vitals have been good and they seem to be doing everything on their own. And their mom is doing well too, well enough to come home, anyway. Phew! (Btw, here is the link to his blog, which, coincidentally is named Going Uncomplicated.)
- I have an extra long weekend! Taking Monday off from the full time job since I have to be at the gym to open it up at 5:30 a.m. Then, Tuesday is Massachusetts Lobby for Animals Day 2014, and that’s what I will be doing!
- I have scoliosis, disk degenerative disease, and oh yeah, a hernia. Yep, I found out all of this during a visit to the chiropractor the other day. Saw x-rays of my back and his question was “so how long have you had scoliosis?” to which of course I responded “I’m sorry, say that again?” Needless to say, I had no idea. Why am I grateful for this? Well, I’m not, except for the fact that now I have an idea of what has caused my pain for the past year or so. I plan on trying to see someone next week re. the hernia (found out all the ab work I’ve been doing has really not been helping it but making it worse, actually…) It will probably mean surgery to get rid of it. It’s not caused me pain but I really don’t like the way it makes my stomach work. I work out really, really hard and it looks like I have a belly. Like I feel like I look like I’m pregnant, at that point where people would look at you and think “is she? I mean, she might be…but can’t be sure….” so yeah, it’s not good. Especially if you want to be a personal trainer. It is good to know, though, that it’s not abdominal fat that I just can’t get rid of.
- It’s the weekend! My best friend and I are both free tomorrow so we’re going back to our routine of self-defense classes! And then I’m going to the flower show in town. It’s very fitting since it’s been freezing cold the last few days and tomorrow it will be in the 50s. I’m so going to have spring fever!
- I’m getting rid of MORE CRAP for my friend’s yard sale to raise money for Batten’s Disease. She has two cousins battling it now and they are both very young. Now, of course, it’s not actual “Crap” that I am getting rid of, but things like christmas decorations. If I’m going to live in a tiny house, I’ve got to downsize and I would like stuff that I keep to be stuff that I can use every day or love every day. I’m keeping some of my favorite ornaments but it’s only a small bag’s worth. The xmas tree (which I got for free anyway) and the other stuff – it’s going!!