1. I haven’t fallen off my bike yet today – woohoo! Hey, it’s the little things, folks, the little things… (Explanation – I have fallen off of my bike the last two days in a row. I’m just glad I only got a bruise or two, and no broken bones.)
2. I was able to go to a Perform Better Functional Summit last weekend in Providence, RI. For the most part, the speakers were very good. A couple were impressed with themselves, but I’d been warned of those two egos before I went, so I wasn’t surprised. But honestly, I obtained a wealth of information and met a few very nice people. I’m sure that as with every profession, there is a lot of competition but can I just say – it was so nice to sit at a conference in really comfy clothes!!
3. The other night, my roommate and her boyfriend were cuddling with little baby Osito and they saw what they thought was a mole on her so they asked about it. We looked closer and it was a tick! So that reminded me to put her Vectra on her (it’s better than Advantix/Advantage? because it also protects animals from mosquitoes.) I’m just glad we found it, and she was such a trooper when we took it off of her. I’m just grateful my roomie’s boyfriend was there to help get it off. I don’t know what I would do if my little O were to get sick or get lyme’s disease. I’d be crushed.
4. The last few days have been so gorgeous outside, I can’t even describe it. It’s made me realize that what I do love about living around here is the greenness of spring and summer. So, it’s helped me decide that I will most likely be looking to move to Washington State when I make my move west. Coincidentally (or not) but I reconnected with an alum of the law school where I work this week, and she is in Seattle. So she gave me her thoughts about the place, and especially the winters.) It’s extremely green there, there are mountains everywhere, and the winters are nothing like the brutal cold and snow that we get here. I can deal with the rain – I actually like rainy days dispersed among the sunny ones, because it makes me appreciate the sunny ones all the more. Btw, the picture above is from my regular route with Osito in the evenings.
5. My roomie and I are motivated to help each other follow our dreams. We’ve got our goals on the wall, which we have even labeled with signs, “Wall of Dreams.” It’s a reminder everyday as to what we are working toward. We just have to remember to also live for and be happy with the present.
6. Speaking of the present time, or is it near future? A friend of mine gets married tomorrow, so I’m looking forward to seeing the culmination of her months of planning and stress! It’s going to be a casual affair and I know a bunch of people going, so it’ll be fun. And I’ve already found someone to hang with who also doesn’t dance!
If any of you reading this have lived/do live/traveled through Washington State, please let me know your thoughts! Is it good for the fitness industry? What did you think about the weather? Good things you can tell me about? Bad things? (I know there are a few of you who have already planted this idea in my mind….)
I hope you will all have a great weekend. If you’ve liked this post, please hit like or subscribe, or leave me a note!