Hi everyone, sorry I didn’t get this regular post out last week. I started writing it and then had to get ready to go to a wedding, so yeah, that’s on my list!
1. Went to a wedding of some good friends last week. Very cool, and all different types of music was played as well as Billy Idol’s White Wedding, which the DJ played as the bride and groom and their bridal party exited the ceremony! Gotta love it.
2. Some of you already know this, but yesterday was my Birthday!! Yes, my “something schmunthing| annivesary of 29. At least that’s what I sometimes call it. But honestly, I’m not embarrassed by my age. It’s 42. Yep. Over the big 4-0. i have to be honest. Once you get past 40, it really doesn’t bother you as much. Well, maybe I can only speak for myself, but there you have it.
3. i am so grateful that Netflix finally got the fourth season of episodes of The Walking Dead. There aren’t many shows that I will binge watch, but that is one of them. I watched it yesterday while it was raining and cold outside, and had a few animals snuggled up next to me. It was a really nice, relaxing day. I didn’t have anything planned on a schedule, just the way I wanted it. 🙂
4. I talked to the adoption supervisor for the animal shelter with whom I have volunteered in the past, the Animal Rescue League of Boston. This time, it was with the Dedham location. I’m hoping to start volunteering very soon with their barn animals or livestock animals. I’ll only be able to go once per week, but I’ll be able to help clean out their stalls/pens, as well as learn how to groom them. I can’t wait! I seriously should have become a vet or a farmer if I hadn’t so stupidly gone to law school!
5. A gentleman just stopped into my office this afternoon and we have a mutual acquaintance/friend in common. It was great to discuss our mutual friend as we both have a huge respect for him. He told me that one of our Brazilian students had recommended he come by to meet me while he was in town. Wow, such a compliment. This same student told me that the mutual friend had asked the Brazilian students if they had met with me yet (he was in town pretty recently and took them all out to dinner.) He told them that if they hadn’t, or didn’t, they would regret it! This is a HUGE compliment for him to have given me, given his stature in his home country. But again, that’s just how he is. 🙂
6. I am so thankful for the advice and thoughts many of you left on my last post, about defining (and choosing) priorities. You’ve given me so much food for thought. I thank you very much.
7. Lastly, I am so thankful it’s FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!
If you have liked this post, please hit like or subscribe! Thanks for reading.