This week has been much better than last week. Even took a day off all for myself. “Mental health days” as I like to call them, are much needed sometimes, especially when you are facing the longer, colder nights of the Northeast. Not looking forward to looking out my window at work and seeing that it’s dark out by a little bit after 4 p.m. But I have a plan to combat that SAD syndrome I usually go through! (See number 4 below.)
- Felt much more like myself this week. Didn’t feel that weight of depression bearing down on my shoulders like I did last week.
- Today is payday. I trust this needs no further elaboration on my part.
- The Red Sox won the World Series!
- Bought myself a blue light, SAD therapy lamp to help me get through the mornings when it is so unbearably dark and cold. It’s portable so I can also take it with me to work. I’ve already used it for a few days this week and I can feel the difference. Some may think it’s “all in my head” but I know it’s working. I will definitely use it during that 2-4 p.m. time of day when I’m usually feeling the fact that I’ve been up for about 10-12 hours. (Yes, I get up around 4 a.m. No, I’m not kidding. I’m a freak. I know it.)
- I’ve been able to make a lot of headway through the continuing education credit class I’ve been taken through NASM on Women’s Fitness. Just reading about how our bodies start to slow down but our heart rate starts to go up, amongst many other problems, as we age, just really pisses me off. It’s made me even more determined to stay in as good a shape as possible and I can’t wait until the day comes that my debt amount is lowered to the point where I can train people full time, and still be able to live!
- Trader Joes’ Pumpkin Bar Mix – if you’ve never made those pumpkin, chocolate chip flavored bars of heavenly goodness, you have NO idea what you have been missing. If there is a Trader Joes in your area, run — listen to me, RUN to the store right now! Don’t hesitate or procrastinate, just do it!! You won’t be sorry, I assure you.
- My hair is not orange. I dyed it on Saturday for the second time (all by myself) and I am again pleased with the results. I’m “light auburn” now, thank you very much!
- My little dog. I love all of my animals without measure, but she gets me out of the house in the early morning hours and never fails to make feel loved. Especially on those moments where she decides she wants to lay down on my neck and shoulder, thereby almost cutting off my access to oxygen. (I exaggerate of course, it isn’t that bad, but it is a bit awkward sometimes!)
- Today is pay day. And yes, I know I said that earlier.
- Today is pay day. Notice a pattern forming here?
What little things are you grateful for this week? Please leave a comment below and let me know!