It’s Friday and you know what that means! Other than TGIF, that is….
- I have a cold. Now, you’re probably wondering why in the hell that would make me thankful. Well, my brother posted on facebook yesterday that he has the flu. I’m so thankful I don’t have that. It’s all relative, folks.
- Because I have a cold, I’ve got that sexy raspy voice thing going on… oh…yeah…..
- I’ve been able to catch up on some of my feedly feeds this week and they have really inspired me to keep going on this downsizing/getting out of debt path. They really remind me that “yes, it REALLY is ok if you don’t decide to live along the lines of the status quo. Who cares if someone will think your new living situation might be kind of strange in a few years? As long as you’re happy, then do it!” (I mean, hell, people already think I’m weird for having 5 cats.)
- I’ve come across a few new blogs this week that I really, really like. They’ll be added to my blogroll very soon!
- I am making my first “extra principal” payment on my private student loans today for the first time IN YEARS!! YES, YEARS!!!! With each extra payment, I just want to yell out “suck it, AES!” 🙂
- Going along with number 3 above, when my next monthly payment hits that account, it will bring my loan down to under 20K. WOW.
- Today was the first time I could make a transfer into my savings account instead of paying off a car loan or personal loan. My tiny house fund has almost $1K in it. I can’t wait to have it hit 4 digits. Then it gets REAL!
- As always, I am thankful for my furry ones. You have no idea how happy they make me when I see them looking all contented and sleepy. Like my Max, above.
What are you thankful for this week? Please drop me a line below or subscribe or hit like if you liked this post!