Hi folks, sorry to not have published this on Friday like I normally do. I was then going to publish it over the weekend but to be honest, I was in one of those “bleck bleh blah” moods yesterday and I like to publish posts that reflect my mood at the time. So, I’m a few days late. But I hope you can enjoy the picture of my little Osito above. Everyone remarks on her eyes being blue. That’s because she’s blind. But she is a gorgeous almost 13 year old girl, isn’t she??
I found out last week I have been approved to attend a conference again this year in the Caribbean! In St. Lucia, to be exact!!
1. I’m going to St. Lucia in July, baby!!
2. I’m going to St. Lucia in July, baby!!
3. I’m going to St. Lucia in July, baby!!
4. Anyone noticing a theme here yet? Ok, another thing I am thankful for is that I had a gum graft done last week. While I’m not happy for the pain and discomfort it caused when the novacaine wore off, and the Percocet hadn’t yet had time to kick in, at least I have really good insurance and a flexible spending plan, so when it’s all said and done, it doesn’t cost me as much as it would cost others to get the same procedure done.
5. Last weekend we had spring-like weather. We’re talking temps in the high 40s. For us this winter, that’s like tropical weather. I wish I could say I was kidding.
6. I saw a doctor for my back last week (I’ve been dealing with back pain for over a year now; the first doctor said it was just a “Strain”…yeah, right) and some days it really hurts to bend over, etc. I’m going to have xrays taken this week and am also setting up an appointment with a chiropractor. The doctor that I saw last week also suggested some trigger point injections to manage the pain. Unfortunately, I didn’t get one last week because of the fact that I had literally had gum work done, oh, 3 hours before and was under the influence of the aforementioned Percocet. (Yes, I’m a wimp when it comes to pain. You offer me painkillers – I’ll take them. I feel no shame in doing that.)
7. I took the day off on which I had both the dentist and back doctor appointments. So grateful to have as much sick time as I do, because honestly, I couldn’t have imagined going into work that day.
8. Over the weekend I read through my Muscle and Fitness Hers magazine and felt inspired. Granted, the fitness models pictured in it are at their peaks, but it just got me thinking of when I had six pack abs just two years ago, and I really want them back. I’m working on it – right now, it’s about a 3-4ish pack? When I suck it in, that is. 🙂
9. Following up on number 8 above, I’ve decided to get one of the multiple meal cooler bags packs so that I can start measuring out my servings better and get more into eating 5-6 small meals per day rather than 3 decent sized ones and then occasionally snacking in between. I’m deciding between the 6-pack bags and those made by Isobag. If anyone has any thoughts on either, good or bad, please let me know. (And yes, I know it’s a lot of money for a cooler. The key for me is the organization it will help me to have, and organization is key when you start riding your bike to work and everything needs to be in its own special place.)
10. Got an email from the author with whom I’m working over the weekend and she was “delighted” with the work I had done and sent to her most recently. I LOVE working with this woman!
If you liked this post, please hit like or subscribe, and thank you!