I thought some of you might appreciate the humor in some of these.
- When giving directions, you say something like “you know where the stoplight is? Ok, take a left there…” (Even though now there are two, everyone refers to the main one as The One. Or maybe that’s just me.)
- You know the first name of your UPS delivery guy – btw, it’s Wade, in my case. He even has time to have a quick convo with you after he hands you your package for the evening.
- The fact that you know your UPS delivery guy is because you order so much on amazon, or online, since you can’t get it in town or without driving 70 miles to the closest Walmart.
- Go back and read Number 3 – yes, the closest Walmart is about 70 miles away.
- When you start at your new job, your boss says “so I saw you out running the other day!” Because, you know….there really aren’t so many people out there running. There are a lot of pickup trucks, however.
- You have two grocery stores, and neither is a chain. Of those two, one is not open on Sundays. Ever.
- You have two drug stores. One closes on a Saturday at noon and doesn’t open again until Monday.
- You have one movie theatre in town. As in one screen. At the beginning of October, the marquee still has info up on the local Utah documentary it showed back on September 10-12th. (I wish I was kidding. Supposedly it’s been taken over by management. All I can say is that they better get their butts in gear if they want to keep any customers.)
- Pretty much everyone you work with all live in the same town.
- The hardware store closes at 6 p.m. Every night. And oh yes, it’s closed Sundays. (You were ready for that one this time, weren’t you?!)
- The big deal for entertainment on Friday evenings is the local high school football team’s games.
- When I take little Osito for walks, there is a 9 year old boy who lives down the street and he always keeps an eye out for us so he can lead Osito on her leash. This would probably never happen in a big city like Boston.
I’m sure that as time goes on and I become more familiar with the place, this list can and will grow. If you’ve liked this post, please hit like or subscribe, or drop me a comment below. Thanks for reading!