I have so much to be thankful for this week – below is just a smattering. Writing this post as the week goes on has really taught me to live in the now and be really aware of my surroundings and the people in my life.
- I am thankful for my friend, M, with whom I have recently reconnected and who was willing to lend me his kinesiology book so that the words I’m reading in my CES book no longer look like a foreign language to me. I hadn’t seen him in over a year, so it was nice to relax and have a night out, rather than my usual Friday night trip to the grocery store. (Sad, I know.) Even better to have a reason to style my hair! 🙂
- A customer just came into where I work and noticed my hair was a different color than last time she had been in. As this was the first time I had done it on my own, I was especially flattered when she said “I love your hair color! Is it new?” and “You did a great job!” Unbeknownst to her, she has totally made my day.
- Saw the most gorgeous pre-dawn sky. The sky was pink and purple and shining through the clouds. To top it off, it was only in the 50s and the air had that crisp, clean smell of autumn coming. It’s been gorgeous here the last few days.
- Inspired by the sky and cool air, I ran around the Charles. Not my longest route, but god, did I feel Strong, Strong, Strong!!! I literally felt like I could conquer anything I put my mind to. And when I finished, I finished sprinting my heart out. (I have a crazy kick at the end of races.)
- Been connecting with some new and new(ish) friends. I feel like everyone comes into your life for a reason, and hopefully you figure out why while they are with you.
- Came home to a surprise package from my mom. Halloween-themed Oreos. Needless to say, the package was opened that day, and I have partaken of “a few.” (Thank God none of you can see my guilty face in person!)
I am fortunate enough to live in the city where mass transit is plentiful, yet there is a beautiful reservoir with wooded area so close by. Just a two minute walk and I don’t feel like I am in the city at all.
- When the weather dipped down into the 40s and 50s this week, I felt so grateful and proud that I am able to provide a roof over the heads of myself and my animals. I always feel so fortunate when I see them all eating their food at the same time. They have enriched my life so much!
- I had a conversation with a woman on the bus who thought I was 25. When I told her I was 40, she immediately said that she would google the name of the grass powder I had mixed into my water bottle, and which had been the subject of our conversation. She made my day!!
- Miraculously, there are blue hydrangeas still blooming behind my building.
Is there anything you are thankful for this week? Please let me know by leaving a comment below. Have a great weekend, everyone!