It’s Friday, so time for my weekly Friday post which reminds me of how lucky I am to be alive in this world. I hope it encourages you to feel the same way, even if you’ve had a tough week.
Also, thank you to all of you who read my blog, even if you don’t comment. I just checked the subscriptions to it, and I just can’t believe there are people out there reading! Thank you! And thank you so much to the gentleman from Time for Action, who re-posted my post about animal rights. (Please check out his page if you are interested in animal rights too!)
- I helped a foreign student in person last year at my job, and again helped her over email this year. I didn’t think much of it; after all, it’s part of my job to be helpful. But it must have meant a great deal to her because she sent me a very nice box of Belgian chocolates, from Belgium!! The chocolate lover in me (and in all of my colleagues) was very happy to receive such a lovely, unexpected gift.I guess, if you ever wonder if you can make a small difference with individual actions, well, there’s your answer. You can.
- I talked “live” with someone on the phone tonight who I met online and it was awesome! So in line with this person, it’s amazing, the power of the Internet!
- A lot of you have heard about the actor, Paul Walker, and his surprising demise earlier this week. He was only 40. That’s a year younger than me. Makes you thankful for what you have, and being alive.
- The battery on my bike appears to be having issues this week. I’m glad that I can have such first-world problems. Not everyone in this world even owns a bike, let alone an electric one.
- The cat tree that I bought for my animals this week, seems to be a hit. Money well spent if it makes them happy.
- My mom and I decided to not exchange gifts this year for Christmas. There comes a time when you just realize it doesn’t make sense to exchange gift cards or such. It is more about the spirit of the holiday than the actual gifts, anyway.
- I will be picking up my Xmas decorations from my brother’s house this coming week (they store them for me in their attic.) I love how cozy having a lighted christmas tree can make a home feel.
- A few days went by this week where I realized I hadn’t thought about my ex. That’s a really good sign. I also realized that when I did think of him, that pang of sadness wasn’t there anymore. Not like when I deleted his information out of my phone just a few weeks ago. And the more I think about it, our views were diverging more and more, so it wouldn’t have worked out long term. I realize that now.
- I came across this video this morning (see it embedded below), and also a friend sent me this link. I hope they both make you smile!
What are you thankful for this week? Please drop me a line below and let me know!