Looks like I can just get this post in under the wire for Friday! Sorry, been a bit hectic today.
1. My Tiny House/Land Fund is officially over $1K! YAY. You know what this means? Now, it gets real. When I get paid from my freelance work (which she already approved the invoice), I plan on bringing that number up by a lot!! Something about looking at that account and seeing it grow…it just helps me to keep on keeping on.
2. Had my second session with my first willing victim (ahem, trainee) today and she said she was definitely working hard at points and she thought I was very patient. If only there was a bit more space in her gym, it’s just ridiculously crowded with students. But we made the best of it and I like helping her a lot. When I’m in a gym, time just seems to fly by.
3. Something told me to get to the gym early today so I could take an earlier bus to work. Since it has been what I like to refer to as “butt cold” all week (read: I’m sick and tired of playing the role of the Eskimo in the continental United States), I was extremely happy when the bus stopped to let people off at our stop. I was especially glad because his sign on the front of the bus said “No Stops.” And I understand from a friend that the bus which would have normally been the one I would have waited for – well, let’s just say it never came…..Let me just say, with wind chills in the negative numbers, it is WAY too cold to be stuck standing outside for too long.
4. While a few of my payments went into overdraft this week, I was able to get the bank to refund one of them. All because of my stupidity in not remembering that Monday, MLK Day, was considered a holiday for the bank, thus, not a valid business day, and my transfer of funds from savings went into the account just a day too late. This prompted lots of overdraft charges, and then yet another one on Thursday. But, luckily, a friend loaned me $20 so I wouldn’t have a fourth overdraft charge hit my account in two days.
5. With the aforementioned cold (gee, can you tell I was a lawyer at one point in my life?), I am so glad I don’t pay for the heat in my apartment. My poor Osito has not been outside in the past four days because of the cold, as she is a short-haired chihuahua, but I’m thankful she is really good about using her pee pads. I must be the only person in this world that has an area rug completely covered with pee pads. It’s either that or she mistakenly pees on the rug, so I do what I have to do.
6. As I sit and write this, I have a cute doggie on my right, and a beautiful white cat on my left. Both are, of course, sleeping…well, I’m thankful they are relaxed and feel safe enough to let their guards down around me.
7. Last but definitely not least, IT IS FRIDAY. Thank you, freaking God! Why do four day work weeks always seem so long??!! Tomorrow, I’m off to a self defense class in the morning with my best friend, and then to my brother’s house tomorrow evening for my nephew’s birthday party.
I hope you will all have a great weekend and for your sake, I really hope it’s warmer where you live. If I needed a reminder that I want to move to a warmer client, I think I’ve got the message, loud and clear!
If you’ve liked thist post, please drop me a line, or hit like, or subscribe – and thank you!!
3 thoughts on “Little Things for Which I am Thankful”
Reading it makes me feel cold, cold and more cold 🙂 Now I see the reason for your furry pets. They keep you warm since you have no heat. Congrats on reaching the 1K mark on the Tiny House Fund. It it start picking up as you said. Awesome list. Stay warm and enjoy your weekend!
Yep, and yep! I feel so bad for my little Osito, she hasn’t been able to go outside and feel the sun on her face in a long time. It’s just been so cold for her!
article is quite interesting and hopefully true happiness rays began to warm the hearts of us all, when we can share it with sincerity. Greetings from Gede Prama 🙂 🙂