Observations. That’s the theme behind what I’m thankful for this week.
- A friend of mine told me yesterday that she is buying a house. And guess what? It’s NOT a huge house. It’s not “tiny” by the standards of the tiny house community, but it’s about 1000 sq feet and it’s completely adorable. It’s all that they need. She said reading my posts helps inspire her and that she is glad that they didn’t commit to buying a much larger house and committing themselves to a lifetime of mortgage debt. So, I guess, my words sometimes can help? Yay!
- I noticed that I have picked up a few more blog followers the past few weeks and I am really happy and thankful to see that. I hope that I can continue to inspire all of you. I don’t need to have a million followers to make me happy. Just glad if I can affect some people in my own small way to think about things.
- I am part of a downsizing e-course with people from all walks of life and age groups. We’re from all over the place too. I’m noticing that the most helpful part of the course is the feedback that we give each other. Sometimes it’s cheerleading, or as at least one person has asked for, brutal truth (brutal being my term, not hers.) I am thankful to see that even though I have been on the downsizing path for the past two years already, I am still inspired to get rid of EVEN MORE CRAP by hearing of everything that these folks are doing. That, and some of them are already in the midst of making the move to a smaller living situation, be it an RV or a tiny house of their own. It is POSSIBLE. (And I’ve already got a few bags started for my friend’s charity yard sale.)
- So this is not an observation, but still really thankful for it. I’m getting a massage later today. Long story short, my back has given me lots of problems over the past year. Usually it’s on my left side in what I think is my gluteus medius, but over the past few days it’s even migrated to where it feels like my entire tailbone is in pain. I had x-rays taken of my back the other day, and was thankful to get an appointment with a recommended chiropractor for this coming Tuesday. But hopefully the massage will help in the interim. (Yes, I know it’s expensive but in this case, I’m sick and tired of having my body feel like I’m 80 every time I try to bend down or pick something up.) I’m trying to not complain about it, but be proactive about getting it fixed.
- I had a conversation with someone about a week ago and they told me that basically money would be the solution to all of their problems. I just thought to myself, “wow, I am so glad that I don’t think that way. There really is more to life than money.” I could be happy with very little as long as I have people I love around me, and my animals. And to be rid of my debt would allow me to live on VERY little because I’m not a fancy person and don’t need lots of fancy clothes or furnishings or appliances. Really, I don’t.
- I REALLY want to do something with my life where I feel like I am making a real difference. I don’t feel that way right now. I’m not saying this in a pessimistic way but with excitement. There are so many places I can go to and people or animals I can help. I just need to follow my heart and listen to all those internal signals rather than ignoring them as I did for so many years of my life. I am so thankful for having watched two movies over the past 24 hours that have totally jazzed me up on all of this – “I’m Fine, Thanks,” and “Opening Our Eyes.” I can’t wait to tell you about the second one!! All I can say is: Oh. My. God. These people have it figured out.
I’m beginning to think that if I can live in an area that is much cheaper, I can have my own small place, have all my animals around me, and be able to make a difference in the lives of others around me. They might be four-legged or two-legged, or both, but after seeing that second movie, I’m thinking yes, it is possible. If they can do such amazing things, so can you. The only limits I have on me in this life are the ones I place on myself. (Well, that and my student loan debt but I’ve got a plan to bash them into the ground!)
If you liked this post, please hit “like” below or subscribe to receive updates as soon as they are posted! Or, like Chasing Simple Dreams on facebook. Thank you!!