Sorry folks, but yesterday got away from me and I didn’t have a chance to get this post written. But overall, I think it was a good week.
1. My friend who just had twins a little while ago (they came early at around 7 months) just told me last night that they are coming home from the hospital this week – yay! I’m so happy for him and thankful that they have been doing so well. For being born so early, they were in really good shape. I’ve seen pictures and they are just too cute (and tiny) for words! His wife continues to do well, too, and having just seen a picture of her online this week, I am wowed at how she looks already!
2. This week we finally hit the 50s, temps-wise. Tomorrow should be in the high 50s. Get out the bikinis! (Just kidding, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I see something like that from the students who live down the street.) It’s finally feeling (most of the time, anyway) like spring, or at least like winter *might* be going away. Osito and I have gone out on a few walks and she’s super happy about that. I’ve been able to go for a few runs around the Charles River in the mornings and even rode my bike to and from work the other day! I really love that ride along the Charles River paths – it’s my quiet time all for myself.
3. Figured out all of my bills from this paycheck and found I had $163 left over for food for myself and the *herd* as my ex-boyfriend used to call my animals. I guess my mindset has changed. This seems like a lot of money to get me through two weeks! And it’s that amount because I was able to make an extra payment on my private student loan of $433 so that my payment in total for this month is $600. Sticking to the plan and am glad that I am able to pay extra on the loan. Not everyone can.
4. Starting to train more of my friends these days and with every session, I feel like, “yep, this is what I want to do.” I have let the animal shelter where I volunteer in adoption know that I have to cut back on my hours to being more of an occasional volunteer than a weekly volunteer and they were very gracious about it. I just really need to focus on studying for that certification test. And I’ve just signed up for an online anatomy and physiology course through Bunker Hill Community College that will start in a few weeks in order to help me understand a lot of the concepts better. With the freelance work continuing, I’m going to be one busy girl!
5. Speaking of freelance work, I was able to finish another chapter last Sunday! I just really wanted to get it done but do a good job on it. Over 40 hours of work on it! Figuring out how much of that will go toward my student loan and how much will go into my tiny house/land fund!
6. I came across a website the other day for a fiberglass RV that is pretty awesome, and I keep picturing it in my mind when I think to myself “do I use this? Does it have purpose in my life? Should I try selling it on craiglist?” It really helps me to focus on what is important, and it has spurred me on to getting rid of extraneous stuff in my life. It’s called the Lil Snoozy! Regardless of whether I end up in an RV or a tiny house, I’m thankful for this new attitude of having enough abundance in my life and not always feeling like I need “more, more, more!”
Again, apologies for the lateness on this post but hey, better late than never, right? 🙂 Have a great weekend, folks! And if you’ve liked this post, please hit like below or subscribe!